Tuesday 4 November 2014

But what are the perks of being a wallflower?




So I'm always one up for a good book, and this is no exception. If you know me at all, you'll know that I have a HUGE crush on Logan Lerman I mean have you seen his eyes? Anyway aside from that, this book is incredible.

This book isn't really one for the younger kids, but if you're a teen, I really recommend this. Even though it was written in the late 90s, it's so relatable. The main character Charlie goes through a number of issues, Peer Pressure, Depression, Losing Oneself, and he listens to the smiths which is always a bonus.

Other than the incredible storyline, the title itself is wonderful. What are the perks of being a wallflower? Personally, I hate being the centre of attention with a passion. It's awful. But I do know that some people struggle with a number of pressures, making them feel unwanted, like a wallflower in a negative way.

I get those feelings too.

We all do. 

But you need to realize, that being a wallflower has many perks. You get to stay on the sidelines, uninvolved with any drama. You can have fun, but you're not the centre of attention. Embrace who you are, don't feel you have to fit with social expectations. Stay true to you.

“Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.”

(^-^)

0 comments:

Post a Comment