Monday 13 July 2015

Personal Style vs. Replication


Not that I'm one who has the most perfect personal style, but I wanted to touch base on this topic. I often flick through magazine after magazine contemplating my personal style and comparing it against the style of others, somewhat feeling incomplete. Same goes with beauty looks, I can sit for hours watching YouTube videos on how to do my eyebrows in a certain way, always wanting to look like someone else. There's a clear line between copying someone else's style and owning your own personal style. 

I don't even know where I'm going with this blogpost, you must be confused reading this.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is be you, regardless of how cliche or cringey it sounds. Take inspiration from people in the magazines or your personal style icon, or else we all look like robots all trying to look the same way. With all this social media - tumblr, instagram, twitter, weheartit, pinterest etc it's so difficult to be individual with a fashion sense or style. 

A great place for finding a personal inspiration is polyvore check it out.

(^-^) x

0 comments:

Post a Comment